Saturday, May 4, 2013

Two quilts shows in two days!!!

Friday, Pat and I went to the Sauder Village Quilt Show.   My quilt, Ode to Mickey D won a third place ribbon.  
I got some herbs from the Herb Shop.   Also picked up a few dark chocolate covered malted milk balls for Ruth - but since she moved to Minnesota and I don't think they would last in the mail, I will eat them for her!!!!!!!!!!   And think of her when I enjoy one.

We went to the dinner and award ceremony.   Good speaker, but WAY too traditional for me!!!!!

The Inn at Sauder is a wonderful place to spend the night - especially when you have the best room.   All the way to the end of the third floor - very quiet and view of the fields!!!

This morning we headed back to Lansing and stopped at the Capitol City Quilt Guild show.   LOTS of nice quilts and saw so many people that I know.   I am taking a break from guilds and small groups......NO meetings, etc.   Still quilting lots, tho.  

Spring is here, so did a little yard work then sat on the deck and read.   Also cleaned out my golf bag as we are playing in the morning.   I need to plant my garden as it is finally drying out!!!  

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying the malted milk balls vicariously! Thanks for the pleasant memory. :) The Sauder quilt show was always one of my favorites.

    Congrats on your award ribbon! I love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete